District 2 population will increase 32%
*** add in 60,000 commercial square feet, 150 marina slips and that is A LOT OF TRAFFIC!!!
Don’t assume Port Marigny is a “done deal,” or that your elected officials & the Planning and Zoning Committee are aware of your concerns. The City of Mandeville runs at a surplus – we do not need the tax revenue from Part Marigny. Did you know that taking people’s personal property (your neighbors), to help alleviate traffic that will result from this development, is a part of the traffic solution being discussed?
NEXT P& Z meeting Wednesday January 20th 7:00
- The land mass of the City of Mandeville is 7 square miles or 4,480 acres
- Port Marigny sits on 78 acres = 1.7% of the City of Mandeville
- Average vehicles per household = 2 (fair estimate) 429 units = 858 additional vehicles
- Average 3 people per unit (fair estimate) 429 units = 1,287 more people in the City = >10% City growth
- District 2 now 4000 residents will increase to 5,287 population = 32% growth in District 2
THERE IS AN ELECTION COMING UP! IF YOU DON’T ASK QUESTIONS OR VOICE YOUR OPINION NOW – YOR ELECTED OFFICIALS WILL NOT KNOW HOW TO VOTE!
***Removing garage apartments has been discussed, however at this time I have not seen that in writing.