* I got an e-mail from a concerned reader who wrote that: the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality is planning on closing their Mandeville office which is the only one in the parish. Once they leave, it will be a burden on us all to get them back here to handle issues that we might have. Anyone know more about this???
* I would love to compile a list for restaurants in St Tammany & NOLA that offer special kids deals on certain days of the week. Send me your submissions [email protected] and I will post in a Google shared document!
* Kids had a birthday party at the St Tammany skate rink in Madisonville (which is soon to be an ice rink too) and they had a blast! Gee – I thought I used to be a decent skater but I felt like a total spaz.
* We ate at Alabasha Greek & Lebanese Restaurant in Covington (next to the Sofa store) today – yum! Little ones had chicken strips while me and the oldest split a sampler plate and enjoyed everything. Middle son says his goal is to try every freaking chicken strip in town – UGH!!!
* Off to the French Quarter Fest today – can’t wait!