Last year we moved to Louisiana just 2 weeks before Mardi Gras (and the kids had vacation too- geesh). All the festivities were celebrated in between unpacking boxes and learning our way around our new home. This year I am planning a little better! Do I need to remind you that Mardi Gras is right around the corner??? Don’t get stressed – start planning with me! I thought it would be fun to share my “tentative” schedule with you as well as the other things to get in order!
1. I have a babysitter for the January 26th for the Orpheus Ball in Mandeville (Lara don’t forget)
2. need to get babysitter for February 3rd for the Bacchus Ball (almost 100% sure we are going)
3. Buy 1-2 gowns – Stephanie from Prima Donna’s Closet is keeping an eye out for one for me. I have 2 old ones, but not sure they will fit after my recent surgery….plus, who doesn’t want a new dress? (unless someone wants to lend me one). Also you can consign your old dresses there too (tell them Greta sent you).
4. Get a root touch-up and trim from my hairdresser. Rick at Salon Calais in Covington (985)898-0233
5. Manicure, Pedicure – who wants funky toes in the winter? As for fingernails – no fake ones, just cleaned up.
6. Rolling suitcase for parades – ready
7. buy shoes & accessories to go with dresses
8. reserve hotel room for Bacchus Ball evening – if we go
9. Hubby bought a tux, shirt, shoes and fleur de lis cufflinks – need to get him a vest and tie.
10. Don’t forget that January 12th is the deadline to share Mardi Gras with the troops overseas for “Operation Overseas Mardi Gras 2008“!!!
*** BTW – I am a professional organizer. I can help you get electronically organized too (hint hint)!
***Please visit the businesses I endorse and my ads in my sidebars!